Thursday, April 22, 2010

Google Voice on Android

In anticipation of my HTC Incredible (shipping next week), I had a friend of mine invite me to Google Voice. I had heard you could do free SMS messaging over the service, but I had no idea how truly powerful it actually is. I will be switching my phone number to take full advantage of the features, but it's well worth it. The best part? Most of the services are available through ANY phone I add to the account! Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile take note. This is what mobile phones SHOULD be capable of with nothing more than a phone connection.

  • transcribed voicemail as e-mail and/or text message to multiple locations
  • block individual numbers
  • free text messaging (if you have a smartphone, you can cancel anything you currently use, this is much better)
  • cheap international calling
  • custom voicemail greetings based on GMail/GVoice contact lists
  • conference calling
  • recording calls
  • receive calls on multiple phones from one number

Here's a full list of features for the service and for the phone app.

No comments:

Post a Comment